Welcome to the Rotorua Branch of the
Royal Society Te Apārangi
The Rotorua Branch organises public lectures on science and technology topics of general interest. We cover everything from the Universe to Nanotechnology. Our lectures are held in the Rimu room on the Scion campus usually on the second Tuesday of the month. Branch membership is $20 per family but the general public are welcome for a small entrance fee of $5.
The Rotorua Branch is partly funded by a grant from the Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust.
The Rotorua Branch is affiliated to the Royal Society Te Apārangi but is financially independent. Membership of the Branch does not confer membership of the Royal Society Te Apārangi and vice versa. Click here for more information on Branches of the Royal Society Te Apārangi.
• Tuesday 27th September – Alec Foster (Scion) ‘Biotechnology and the Materials for the Future’
• Tuesday 11th October – Anne Jaquiery (University of Auckland) ‘Neonatal and paediatric nutrition’
• Thursday 13th October – Justin Hodgkiss (Victoria University of Wellington) ‘MacDiarmid Institute Regional Lecture Series’
• Tuesday 8th November – Paul Kilmartin (University of Auckland) 'Wine research into New Zealand Sauvignon blanc’
• Wednesday 9th November – Marcus Vandergoes (GNS) and Susie Wood (Cawthron Institute) ‘Lakes 380 project’
• Tuesday 13th December – Tītokorangi Pou Whenua tour
Watch out for new announcements from newsletters or on our website
Become a Member
Everyone is welcome to become a member of the Rotorua Branch. For information on society rules and fees please click on the link below.